It's a Promise
by PamFord Davis

Peace...

No, I’m not a hippie experiencing a 1960’s flashback. Peace is not a sign, slogan or figment of my imagination. Jesus, Prince of Peace, told his followers that there would be an absence of peace until His return.

We should work for peaceful solutions and pray for peace.

“And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end (Matthew 24:6 NASB).”

Any reduction of conflict and strife is worth the effort. Yet, we must not be deceived by false claims of peace.

“For from the least of them to the greatest of them,
Everyone is greedy for gain,
And from the prophet to the priest
Everyone deals falsely.
They have healed the brokenness of My people superficially,
Saying, ‘Peace, peace,’
But there is no peace (Jeremiah 6:13-14 NASB).”

Lasting peace is more than possible; it’s a promise.

“Peace I leave you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor fearful (John 14:27 NASB).”

LORD, fill me with Your Spirit and make me an instrument of peace.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print