A Replacement for Moses
by PamFord Davis

Some people in our lives are irreplaceable. Loving mothers and fathers may have left us physically through death but they’re not truly gone. No one can take their place. The death of a spouse is especially painful. Many of the widowed remarry for companionship but new mates don’t take the place of their first love.

Pet owners can get very attached to animals welcomed into their homes. The longevity of cats and dogs often continues for years. It’s only natural to miss them when they die. Owners will be quick to explain; new pets are taken into their homes but can never take the place of the one that died.

We’d all like to think we’re indispensable at our jobs; we’re not. The name and influence of Moses is recorded in Biblical history. With authority, he led the captive Israelites out of Egyptian bondage and began the trek in the wilderness. Yet, Moses disobeyed. As a result, Moses could not enter the Promised Land.

“For you shall see the land before you, but you shall not go there, into the land that I am giving to the people of Israel (Deuteronomy 32:52 ESV).”

God had a replacement for Moses; He chose Joshua.

“So the Lord said to Moses, ‘Take Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the Spirit, and lay your hand on him. Make him stand before Eleazar the priest and all the congregation, and you shall commission him in their sight. You shall invest him with some of your authority, that all the congregation of the people of Israel may obey (Numbers 27:18-20 ESV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print