GOD'S GIFT TO HIS SON: Jesus' Bloodline
by linzy bruno

          

The Bible is clear that God loves the Jewish people and will do whatever necessary to avoid cursing them, for they are the Apple of His Eye, therefore, His Law they are to keep as such:

“if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster I thought to bring upon it.” (Jeremiah 18:8)

“For thus says the LORD of hosts: “He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.” (Zechariah 2:8)

Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye.” (Proverbs 7:1-2)

God wants to bless and multiply the people of Israel through Jesus:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)

“For when God made a promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no one greater, he swore by Himself, saying, “Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.” (Hebrews 6:13-14)

“And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;” (Romans 11:26)

And, although Jesus’ Sacrifice makes a way for Jews and for Gentiles and all people everywhere, the Promises of our Lord Jesus is one from the Jews’ own brother, cousin, uncle, and son. Therefore, perhaps God’s Love for His Son and His Nation Israel are interconnected. After all, will Jesus NOT be incredibly blessed to have His own people in Heaven finally surrounding Him in love and great awe and even more so since when He walked the earth, His own people, the Jews did not recognize Him as their Messiah, because they knew Him as a mere mortal man among the men in their family and community?

“The Jews then complained about Him, because He said “I am the bread which came down from heaven. “And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that He says, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” (John 6:41-42)

But some said, “Will the Christ come out of Galilee? Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was? So there was a division among the people because of Him.” (John 7:41-43)

“He was in the world, and the world was made through Him and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.” (John 1:10-11)

“Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered and said to them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him saying “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man make Yourself a God.” (John 10:31-33)

“For even His brothers did not believe Him.” (John 7:5)

BUT Jesus was born through the Seed of David, descended from Issac, son of Abraham, which places the Jews in the Tribe of Judah in the bloodline of Jesus:

“Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet psalmist of Israel:” (2Samuel 23:1)

“Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel,” (2Timothy 2:8a)

“concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.” (Romans 1:3-4)

“Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was?” (John 7:42)

“And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’ From this man’s seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior—Jesus—after John had first preached, before His coming, the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. (Acts 13:22-24)

The Jews wanted to seize and stone Him but the Spirit of God would not allow it:

“But some said, “Will the Christ come out of Galilee? Has not the Scripture said the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was? So there was division among the people because of Him. Now some of them wanted to take Him, but no one laid hands on Him.” (John 7:41b-44)

“Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered and said to them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him saying “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man make Yourself a God.” (John 10:31-33)

“Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their hand.” (John 10:39)

These passages are all parallel and quite clear that God used David’s seed in the human Jesus. His lineage is of the Jews:

“Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,” (Matthew 2:1)

God desires salvation for the Jews, for they are the apple of His Eye because they are in the bloodline of the Messiah and the nation that God created in order to bring the Messiah through:

“You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.” (John 4:22)

Therefore, doesn’t it stand to biblical reason that God plans on providing His Son with the gift of His people; His own family members to be with Him in Heaven?

God has promised that He will save His remnant:

Although my house is not so with God, Yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant, Ordered in all things and secure. For this is all my salvation and all my desire; Will He not make it increase? But the sons of rebellion shall all be as thorns thrust away, Because they cannot be taken with hands. But the man who touches them Must be armed with iron and the shaft of a spear, And they shall be utterly burned with fire in their place.” (2Samuel 23:5-7)

“Yet hear now, O Jacob My servant, And Israel whom I have chosen, Thus says the LORD who made you And formed you from the womb, who will help you: ‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant; And you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, And floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, And My blessing on your offspring;” (Isaiah 44:1-3)

“Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, The remnant will be saved.” (Romans 9:27)

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.” (Romans 11:26-32)

ALSO See: All of Jeremiah 31

CONCLUSION:

Jesus Christ our Lord went through a tremendous amount of untold pain, as any man would feel pain given hatred from his own people. Therefore, isn't it more than possible that God will grant Him the wonderful gift of His people finally acknowledging Him as the Savior He claimed to be? And won't Jesus thoroughly enjoy a reunion like that with His people finally with Him in Heaven? But at that stupendous time, they will happily receive Him in love and gratitude for all He has done and all He has endured due to their anger and mistrust of Him! Oh how marvelous! What a gift from the Father to His Son!

 

NKJV



Linzy has been writing for many years; seriously since her 3 kids were still young and inspirational. She has taken 2 courses in Bible studies and completed "Four Soils" Bible study course in a 26-month period; earning her certification in Bible Counselling.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print