You Are Safe With Jesus When You Live in Obedience to His Word
by Tonja Taylor

14 [Live] as children of obedience [to God]; do not conform yourselves to the evil desires [that governed you] in your former ignorance [when you did not know the requirements of the Gospel]. 15 But as the One Who called you is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and  manner of living. -- I Peter 1:14-15, AMPC

I know, I know; we much prefer to do our own thing. The flesh never changes, and we have to learn that, much like a willful child, it must be disciplined and trained and directed. The LORD will help us do that, so our spirits (the real us) can supersede and get our God-jobs done!

We have to ask the LORD to help us learn to control our flesh (desires that are not of the Spirit of God, and even some things that seem good, that are not His perfect will. I'm preaching to myself!), and He is gracious to do so. 

18 You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold,19 But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot. - I Peter 1:18-19, AMPC

Praise the LORD, He is a good, loving, kind, patient Father, Who knows we were born with the sin nature, and, when we really want to overcome/change and stop doing things that grieve Him and hurt us and others, He will  help us. He will give us grace to repent and truly change! Hallelujah!

Therefore see that you walk carefully [living life with honor, purpose, and courage; shunning those who tolerate and enable evil], not as the unwise, but as wise [sensible, intelligent, discerning people], making the very most of your time [on earth, recognizing and taking advantage of each opportunity and using it with wisdom and diligence], because the days are [filled with] evil.--Ephesians 5:15, AMPC

When we read His Word; go to Bible-believing churches; pray to the LORD; worship Him; make corrections as He shows us; choose friends who want to please the LORD; and stay away from things and activities and people that we know are not pleasing to Him, He will help us to know and love and please Him, and bring Him honor and glory; that others may want to know Him too!

All of these things will intertwine to reveal more of God's ways, as well as your identity as His child (once you have truly repented of your sin, and asked the LORD Jesus to cleanse your heart, and come into your life and be your Savior and LORD (John 3:15-17; Romans 5:6 and 10:13)--and the rights and benefits you have when God becomes your heavenly Father, as you receive His Son, Christ Jesus, as your (only) Savior and LORD, and Best Friend Forever!

Hallelujah!

9 For God has not appointed us to [incur His] wrath [He did not select us to condemn us], but [that we might] obtain [His] salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) 10 Who died for us so that whether we are still alive or are dead [at Christ’s appearing], we might live together with Him and share His life.--I Thess. 5:9-10, AMPC

God's wonderful Plan for us is, and has always been abundant (Zoe; John 10:10) life! That was His will for us, since the Garden of Eden, before Adam and Eve betrayed God and gave the devil the authority over all mankind--till Jesus came and broke that power, and gave us the chance to choose Him (The Author of Life) over the enemy (who is death, and every evil thing)!

It is so worth following the LORD! 

I have had to make more changes and corrections in my life than I can count, but when I repent and change (and it is His Spirit Who helps us!), life just gets better! I have more of Heaven, and less of hell. 

You can do the same. 

You are truly safe with Jesus when you obey His Word! Hallelujah!

 



Through books, courses, presentations, service, prayer, worship, and more, Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. Her series for girls, P.O.W.E.R. GIRL ADVENTURES, is now out (books I-V), along with LEGACY; YOUR HOLY HEALTH: VISIONS OF THE KING, and more. See the "River Rain Creative" YT channel.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print