FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 265
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
Ways to Say Thanks to Your Pastor
by Bob Valleau
12/19/2009 / Church Life
When I taught a junior high Sunday school class, I posed the question to my students, "What are some ways we can say 'thanks' to our pastor?" I told them it seemed like there was every kind of appreciation day or week, but what about those who spiritually feed us? The kids were ecstatic about responding and brimmed with a plethora of creative ideas. I'd like to share a few of them with you now.
1. Make a pastor appreciation coupon booklet. These can be in "ticket" form and each ticket could be good for: one car wash; a yard cleaning; a prepaid dinner at a local restaurant, etc.
2. Bake your pastor's favorite bread, and pin a note to it that says: "We knead you very much."
3. Leave Post-it "love" notes -- or cards -- all over your pastor's office. Decorate the door to his office with a big poster that says: "We a-door you!"
4. Offer to baby sit, free of charge, while he and his wife go out for the night.
5. Have your pastor sit, or stand, in an appreciation circle. This is where a group of people surrounds him, with joined hands, and each one says something about how much he means to them.
As I recall, the list was much longer, but you get the idea. And, whether you are an adult, child or teenager, it is my prayer that -- in some tangible way -- you show appreciation for the one person who has so graciously answered the higher call of ministering to the needs of others.
Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Bob Valleau
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.