After Mary heard the amazing news that she would become the mother of our Lord and Savior, she went to visit her cousin Elizabeth who was going to have John the Baptist. This story is so precious. Every mother loves to feel their baby move around inside of them, but John's jump must have been the greatest leap of all time! This part of Luke One is also where we are given Mary's beautiful song of praise to her God. Take some time to go over this with your children. Maybe encourage them to come up with their own song of praise.
Here are thirteen 5 "W" questions who, what, when, where, why and how - with their answers for the story of "Mary Visits Elizabeth" found in Luke 1: 39-56. You can ask the questions or you could have a nice hand or finger puppet do the asking. Have fun!
Questions for the story "Mary Visits Elizabeth"
1. Who did Mary go to see after the angel said she would have a baby?
Answer: To Zechariah and Elizabeth's home. (Luke 1:39-40)
2. Who leaped inside of Elizabeth when Mary said, "Hello"?
Answer: John the Baptist. (Luke 1:41)
3. What was Elizabeth filled with when John leaped inside of her?
Answer: The Holy Spirit. (Luke 1:41)
4. Why was Elizabeth glad?
Answer: Because she was happy that Mary was going to have the baby Jesus. (Luke 1:42-45)
5. What did Elizabeth say about Mary's baby Jesus?
Answer: That Mary's baby was blessed and that Mary was blessed above all women. (Luke 1:42)
6. How did the baby inside of Elizabeth move when Mary said, "Hello"?
Answer: The baby jumped for joy. (Luke 1:44)
7. Why is Mary so blessed?
Answer: Because she believed that God would do what He promised her. (Luke 1:45)
8. Why did Mary sing a song?
Answer: Because she rejoiced or was happy with God. (Luke 1:47)
9. Who did Mary sing her song to?
Answer: To God (Luke 1:47)
10. How many people or generations will call Mary blessed?
Answer: All generations. (Luke 1:48)
11. Who does wonderful and tremendous things for all His people and children?
Answer: God. (Luke 1:47-55)
12. Where did Mary stay before going back home?
Answer: At Elizabeth's house. (Luke 1:56)
13. How long did Mary stay with Elizabeth?
Answer: For 3 months. (Luke 1:56)
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Newsletter packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just click here: http://myfreebiblegames.com/ to
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.