FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 483
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
5 W Questions for the Story of "The Wise Men Following the Star" from Matthew 2
by Kathy Vincent
12/04/2010 / Education
I think my favorite figurines in our manger scene we put up at Christmas time are the 3 wise men. Even as a little girl, they were the ones I would play with and enjoy pretending that they were bringing gifts to the baby Jesus. The story of the wise men following the majestic star in the sky is one that your kids will enjoy as well.
Here are seventeen 5 "W" questions who, what, when, where, why and how - with their answers for the story of "The Wise Men Following the Star" found in Matthew 2:1-11. These questions can be used with both young children and elementary children. Just be ready to tweak them a little bit for the appropriate age. You can also read a verse first, and then ask the question or you can read the whole passage of Scripture and then ask the questions. Your younger children might enjoy having some kind of puppet ask the questions. Have fun!
Questions for the story "The Birth of John the Baptist"
1. Where did the Magi come from?
Answer: The east. (Matthew 2:1)
2. What was the name of the king who was on the throne when Jesus was born?
Answer: King Herod. (Matthew 2:1)
3. What question did the Magi ask?
Answer: Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? (Matthew 2:2)
4. Who were the Magi looking for?
Answer: Jesus (Matthew 2:2)
5. What did the Magi see up in the sky?
Answer: A star. (Matthew 2:2)
6. Why did the Magi want to find Jesus?
Answer: To worship Him. (Matthew 2:2)
7. How did King Herod feel when he heard that the Magi wanted to find Jesus?
Answer: He was bothered or disturbed. (Whatever your version says.) (Matthew 2:3)
8. Where was Jesus supposed to be born?
Answer: In Bethlehem. (Matthew 2:5)
9. Who sent the Magi to Bethlehem to find Jesus?
Answer: King Herod. (Matthew 2:1)
10. Why did King Herod say that he wanted the Magi to find Jesus?
Answer: He said he wanted to worship him. (Matthew 2:8)
11. What did the Magi follow to find Jesus?
Answer: A star. (Matthew 2:10)
12. How did the Magi feel when they saw the star?
Answer: They felt overjoyed. (Matthew 2:10)
13. Who did the Magi see when they got to Jesus' house?
Answer: They saw Jesus and his mother, Mary. (Luke 1:80)
14. What did the Magi do when they finally saw Jesus?
Answer: They bowed down and worshiped Him. (Matthew 2:11)
15. What presents did the Magi give to Jesus?
Answer: Gold, frankincense and myrrh. (Matthew 2:11)
16. When did the Magi give gifts to Jesus?
Answer: After worshiping Him. (Matthew 2:11)
17. Why did the Magi not go back and tell Herod where Jesus was?
Answer: They had a dream that warned them not to go back. (Matthew 2:12)
Kathy Vincent is the director of the children's ministry, "The Scripture Lady." For over 2 decades, she has creatively shared the Bible to thousands of children through toe-tapping Bible songs, engaging Bible review games and captivating object lessons that all point to Jesus!
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Kathy Vincent
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.