FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 546
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
5 W Questions For the Story of "The Birth of Samuel and Hannah's Prayer" from 1 Samuel 1 and 2
by Kathy Vincent
12/09/2010 / Education
The fact that God even leans His ear toward us is amazing enough, but that He actually grants our requests is even more astounding. God answered Hannah's prayer and we have a record of her rejoicing before the Lord in one of the most beautiful prayers of the Bible. It is important that our children learn early on that God does answer our prayers according to His plans and purposes for our life. It is also important that they learn to follow Hannah's example of praising God for His answers.
Here are seventeen 5 "W" questions who, what, when, where, why and how - with their answers for the story of "The Birth of Samuel and Hannah's Prayer" found in 1 Samuel 1 and 2. These questions can be used with both young children and elementary children. Just be ready to tweak them a little bit for the appropriate age. You can also read a verse first, and then ask the question or you can read the whole passage of Scripture and then ask the questions. Your younger children might enjoy having some kind of puppet ask the questions. Have fun!
Questions for the story "The Birth of Samuel and Hannah's Prayer"
1. What kind of baby did Hannah have a boy or a girl?
Answer: A boy. (1 Samuel 1:20)
2. What name did Hannah give her son?
Answer: Samuel. (1 Samuel 1:20)
3. Why did Hannah wait to take Samuel to the Lord's house for the yearly sacrifice?
Answer: She wanted to wait until he was older and then she would leave him to work at the temple as she had promised. (1 Samuel 1:22)
4. What did Hannah take with her to the house of the Lord?
Answer: Three bulls, some flour and wine and Samuel. (1 Samuel 1:24)
5. How old was the child was he young or old?
Answer: He was young. (1 Samuel 1:24)
6. Who was the priest that Hannah brought her son to?
Answer: Eli. (1 Samuel 1:25)
7. Why did Elkanah give a double portion of an offering to the Lord?
Answer: Because he loved Hannah even though she had no children. (1 Samuel 1:5)
8. What did Hannah say to Eli?
Answer: She told him that she was the one who had prayed for a baby and that God had answered her prayer. (1 Samuel 1:26-27)
9. Who did Hannah worship at the house of Lord?
Answer: She worshipped the Lord. (1 Samuel 1:28)
10. Who did Hannah pray to?
Answer: The Lord. (1 Samuel 2:1)
11. How did Hannah feel because God had answered her prayer and given her a son?
Answer: She rejoiced. She was happy. (1 Samuel 2:1)
12. Who is holy like the Lord?
Answer: No one. (1 Samuel 2:2)
13. Who will make us strong if we stumble?
Answer: The Lord. (1 Samuel 2:4)
14. Who makes some people poor and some people rich?
Answer: The Lord. (1 Samuel 2:7)
15. Where did Samuel stay after his father went back home?
Answer: He stayed at the house of the Lord. (1 Samuel 2:11)
16. Who did Samuel minister to?
Answer: The Lord. (1 Samuel 2:11)
17. What was the name of the priest Samuel stayed with?
Answer: Eli. (1 Samuel 2:11)
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Newsletter packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just click here: http://myfreebiblegames.com/ to
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Kathy Vincent
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.