Not being able to have children of your own can be completely heart wrenching. Hannah was no stranger to these devastating feelings and was extremely saddened by this circumstance in her life. The story of Hannah praying for a baby is an interesting one. Your kids will get to experience a little bit of the anguish that Hannah felt as she was made fun of by her husband's other wife as well as the priest of the temple. Yet, her prayers prevailed and God was faithful to answer her as He does all His children in His time and in His way.
Here are seventeen 5 "W" questions who, what, when, where, why and how - with their answers for the story of "Hannah Prays for a Baby" found in 1 Samuel 1:1-18. These questions can be used with both young children and elementary children. Just be ready to tweak them a little bit for the appropriate age. You can also read a verse first, and then ask the question or you can read the whole passage of Scripture and then ask the questions. Your younger children might enjoy having some kind of puppet ask the questions. Have fun!
Questions for the story "Hannah Prays for a Baby"
1. Who was Hannah's husband?
Answer: Elkanah. (1 Samuel 1:1-2)
2. How many children did Hannah have?
Answer: None. (1 Samuel 1:2)
3. Who did Elkanah go and worship every year?
Answer: He went to worship the Lord. (1 Samuel 1:3)
4. Where did Elkanah go to worship the Lord?
Answer: At Shiloh. (1 Samuel 1:3)
5. What were the names of Eli's sons?
Answer: Phinehas and Hophni. (1 Samuel 1:3)
6. What kind of job did Eli and his sons have?
Answer: They were priests of the Lord. (1 Samuel 1:3)
7. Why did Elkanah give a double portion of an offering to the Lord?
Answer: Because he loved Hannah even though she had no children. (1 Samuel 1:5)
8. Why was Hannah miserable and sad?
Answer: Because Elkanah's other wife made fun of her for not having any children. (1 Samuel 1:6)
9. How did Hannah feel because she did not have any children?
Answer: She was very sad and cried. (1 Samuel 1:7)
10. Who was sitting at the door of the tabernacle when Hannah prayed to the Lord?
Answer: Eli the priest. (1 Samuel 1:9)
11. What did Hannah pray for?
Answer: That God would give her a son. (1 Samuel 1:11)
12. What did Hannah promise she would do with her son?
Answer: She would give him to the Lord all the days of his life. (1 Samuel 1:11)
13. Who was watching Hannah pray?
Answer: Eli the priest. (1 Samuel 1:12-13)
14. Why did Eli think Hannah was drunk?
Answer: Because while Hannah was praying, she was not talking out loud, but just moving her lips. Hannah was praying in her heart. (1 Samuel 1:13)
15. Who did Hannah pour out her soul to?
Answer: The Lord. (1 Samuel 1:15)
16. What did Eli say that God would give Hannah?
Answer: That God would give Hannah what she prayed for a son. (1 Samuel 1:17)
17. Why was Hannah not sad anymore?
Answer: Because she believed that God had heard her prayer and would answer her prayer. (1 Samuel 1:18)
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Newsletter packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just click here: http://myfreebiblegames.com/ to
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.