FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 386
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
by Michael Hume
7/07/2011 / Christian Living
Spiritual oppression is a frequent visitor to me. It seems to be an experience I have been familiar with for over two decades of my faith life.
How do I overcome this? There are several ways.
1. Be honest and tell God about it first. God likes it when you go to him first rather than someone else. Suppose a child has a problem and confides in you first. Is it not because that child trusts you? And it builds a bond. Same with God and me.
2. Wait and listen to God. If nothing is obvious try and stay positive and don't look at the problem agitating you. Now and again mention it to God.
3. Combat it with faith. Quote scripture verses to yourself. Also to tell Satan to be gone, and read the Bible to build faith.
4. Recall the good things God has already done and thank Him for them. This gives more perspective by putting your mind on positive things.
5. Keep praying and fasting if you can, and ask for extra regular prayer support. Place the matter into Gods hands.
6. Paul had bad trials but God simply said that His grace would be enough to see Paul through. Likewise expect at least Gods grace.
7. Depending on the oppression, expect an end to the trial. Ask God to show you the way out. He has put me through a variety and for nearly all there has been a way out. I'm still asking God to show me the way out of the few remaining ones.
8. Cultivate your hobbies and interests since these can balance off your life and help you keep happy. Mine are swimming, reading and walking to name some.
9. Take opportunities to enjoy life. Joy is a powerful antidote to being bogged down. There is enough in life trying to pull you down so do as much to keep cheerful.
10. Most of all expect God to act. Trust Him to do the impossible. He is a mighty God and I can never anticipate how he answers my prayers. That is part of the excitement of faith. The eager anticipation of the unknown and mysteriousness of God. It keeps faith interesting.
This is quite basic, but it works for me so I hope it helps.
Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything. Copyright belongs to author.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Michael Hume
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.