1. He will never let you go. No matter how far you wander, no matter how distracted the path you take, God will never let you go. He will always call you back to Him, no matter what it takes. He will reclaim you; He will seek you out and call you personally, by name: He is your loving God.
2. He will never turn His back on you. When you need him, when you call, He will reply. It may not be in the manner you are expecting, it may not be in the time-frame you desire. God has His own great plan for the universe - and that plan includes you. We cannot know all at once, we must learn patience, and let life's plan evolve. We must be still, and listen. We must have faith in the master architect, faith that He understands, He knows. Look back at your life right now - has He not proven this always? Are you not here, now, calling for your God? "Abba, Abba!" you will say, because you need to talk to Him; you await His answer, because He is after all, standing there, right in front of you; He knows you by your name.
3. He will never stop challenging you. God knows that for his creation to be happy, to love and grow and flourish, man must learn. He sets us challenges along the way. Every bump, every setback, every illness, is that challenge sent from God, to bring us closer, to keep us learning, to remind us that we are not simply left to live for our own ends, setting our own prizes as goals. We are more precious than that. Every time we fall, we give God our attention; suddenly, He is there. We are reminded that life is all of these things: comparatively short, a gift, a blessed journey in the company of others, but most of all, life is God; God is Life. He will never stop challenging you to live that call.
4. He will never withhold His Word. We may never be ignorant; God will speak to us, through the pages of our time, through the books of our lives; through the constant miracle of others. God will never withhold His Word. God speaks through the world, consistently, and at all times. We must be prepared to listen. When we listen, God's words are like honey, pure and clear. Knowledge will attend us quietly; some will become wise. These lips will praise God for His Word which we ache to hear: "Father (Abba, Yahweh, Elohim) who is in heaven and in everything known and unknown, I give Thee Thy name and I am listening now - please, I am calling, speak to me!"
5. He will never be other than He is. He is perfect; He is all creation; He is all-everything: He is God. We must rejoice in this, for in knowing this, we are free to love, and love will bring us to none other than our God. This is the divine and precious unity which God instilled in us; it is natural and it is right. It says that we will know our God, whether we turn from Him or not, whether we seek Him out, or not, whether we ask forgiveness or not: He will never be other than He is, and in this perfection, we find Him - sinner or lowly or sick or lost; for only a God of this order, could call himself God. We, His creation, will praise Him, now and evermore.
For these are The Five Things God Will Never Do:
Laura Swindon-Ross 2011
This work is copyright, all rights reserved.
I'm a teacher and Christian writer.