A bottled product was well advertised in the media and it was widely accepted by the consumers. At the end of each advertisement, the price was stated. What really caught my attention or what the Holy Spirit called my attention to, were the last three words after the price was stated and that marked the end of the advert: "Liquid Content Only!"
Meaning that the consumer is paying for the Liquid Content of each bottle bought. The bottle must be returned to the manufacturer or the seller. Let us now briefly consider six things about this product, and compare it with man.
1. The bottle of the product has an expiry date written by the manufacturer on it. One thing is sure about every one, we have a source. We belong to somewhere. Philippians 3: 20 states that
"But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.
And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our savior."
So long this is true of us all, and then it must be registered in our hearts that we shall one day each say like Apostle Paul
"The time of my death is near". 2Tim 4: 6b.
It will not only be near, death willsurely come (Ecc12:7b)
2. The liquid can be called the blood because any man without this cannot be said to be alive. The body minus the blood is dead. No wonder then that Leviticus 17:11 declares
"..for the life of the body is in its blood. I have given you the blood on the altar to purify you, making you right with the lord."
In other words, the liquid can refer to the spirit of the Lord that can be poured into the (on) flesh. Joel2:28 says,
"Then, after doing all those things,
I will pour out my spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your old men will dream dreams,
And your young men will see visions."
That is why the statement contained in First Corinthians chapter six in verse nineteen is right that says every one of us is the temple of the Holy Spirit. It is worthy of note that those who are not filled with him is filled with an evil spirit. That is why our God is God of all the spirit of man (Flesh).
3. The returnable bottle is equivalent to the body of man as a borrowed vessel that must be returned. In plain language, God told the first man, Adam, in Genesis 3:19 that
".for you were made from dust,
And to dust you will return."
As stated in point number one earlier, the stay of the spirit in the body of flesh has a time limit; a duration that will put an end to their relationship. Ecclesiastes 12:6 7 makes this clear,
"Yes, remember your creator now while you are young before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken, Don't wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well for then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
That is why Apostle Paul calls our body "earthly tents we live in". Apostle Peter calls it "earthly life" (NLT), "Tabernacle" (KJV). It is sure that tent, tabernacle or earthly life will one day be taken over or returned to its rightful place.
4. Contamination possible. It is a known fact that a container can contaminate its content. Galatians 5:19 -21, Colossians 3: 5 9 are verses that spell out the works of the flesh, the container. The lamentation of Apostle Paul in Romans 7:15 24 is a pointer to the possibilities of the contents being contaminated by the container.
"I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
And I know that nothing god lives in me, that is, in my spirit nature (Flesh or body). I want to do what is right, but I can't
I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another power (Contaminating) within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable (Wretched) person I am? Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?
That is the powerlessness of man to overcome the flesh (Container) that contaminates!
5. A price to pay! Yes! In verse twenty-five of Romans seven Paul, the Apostle got a buyer, a rescuer, a redeemer and a savior, Jesus Christ. He says,
"Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ Our Lord.
So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave in sin."
That is why the Apostle told Corinthians and other Believers too, in chapter 6: 20 and 7:23
".God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your Body."
God paid a high price for you, so don't be enslaved by the world."
Then, it should not be surprising, to read in James 4: 6 that
"He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us"?
As the rightful owner, He has paid the price and has the right to protect what He owns.
6. Therefore, fellow believers, so long the Lord Jesus Christ has paid the price to save our souls in these earthly vessels, let us remain faithful to him by his spirit until we are separated from our bodies of flesh to remain with our Lord. We must not be like those people that Apostle Peter wrote about in his second epistle chapter two in verse one saying,
"But there were also false prophets in Israel just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves."
NB: All scripture quotations are from New Living Translation of the Holy Bible
The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books.His email is Bestabbey@live.com.Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.