Sometimes back in my holidays, as I was enjoying my pastime reading, I evidently came across a beautiful saying ,
"Does a sunset end
When the sun sets?"
This is a brilliant saying It carries all the ingredients of a good literature-----radiant in style and pregnant in meaning. I could feel the gentle squeeze of the thought of the author in these simple and ordinary words. Look at the brevity of the sentence, how the author reflects the beauty of a simple truth through the metaphor of an orange sunset.
"Does the beauty of life end
With the death itself?"
Writing is precisely a delicate art and indeed a fastidious skill. This skill is not born with the man but earned through strenuous effort only. The hallmark of a good writing depends upon how you paint your thoughts, ideas or feelings in the minds of another. A piece of good writing can become a piece of good literature. Literature is not only a history of mankind but also a creation of beauty and truth, a creation of human passion, emotion, love, joy, sorrow, anger, sympathy etc. Literature is a great vehicle of transmitting our ideas and knowledge from generation to generation. Literature is also essentially an art through which an artist paints the whole society with different colors. Writing also reflects our personality----the way we think, the way we act. There are different kinds of writing. such as short stories, novels, dramas, poems, essays or prose etc. The question is, "What is your natural aptitude for writing?"
The keys to Better Writing:
1. Form a habit of reading more books: Extensive reading is the key to better writing. This is also said to be the secret of better writing.
2. Form a habit of writing: Writing is an act of creativity. It is indeed true to say that the habit of writing be formed right at the early stage. Sheer practice via trial and error helps you develop your writing capacity with new ideas.
The Basic Skills for Better Writing:
1. Simplicity: Simplicity means simplicity of expressionsimple but euphonic. Euphonic means musical. It means that the language should be good to listen to, impressive and meaningful. The way you express your thoughts or ideas should be intelligible to your readers. The word you use or the sentence you write should be a subtle reflection of your thought and personality. Simplicity, therefore means free from obscurity or ambiguity.
2. Clarity and Accuracy: Clarity means appropriatenessappropriateness in thought and expression. The thought you want to express should be crystal clear in words and phrases.
Accuracy means correctness, i.e. accuracy in the usage of words, sentences and grammar. Accuracy also refers to the correctness of facts and information you gather from and the interpretation you make of it.
3. Usage of words: Words are like living things. Like green
Leaves, they are continually sprouting from the shoots of a new meaning.
"Words have weight, sound and appearance, it is only by considering
these that you can write a sentence that is good to look at and good to
Idioms and phrases are like ornaments. They are also regarded as the
Woodland beauty of a language. Words gain extra weight and meaning
With figures of speech like simile, metaphors, parable, irony, personification,
Paradox etc. They all look good, exciting, fascinating and fantastic. But a
heavy dosage of all these may be fatal to the health of your writing.
Literature should be a kind of delicacy. It can be compared to a great wedding banquet where many are invited to take part. Many are pleased, satisfied and blessed.
Literature is one of the most integral part of our Christian life and ministry. Through this art of literature we can tell the love of Jesus to the world and bring deliberate changes in the whole world. Young people should strife for the gift of literature. The great potential stored in them should be brought to light. For this we need a well established platform and an exposure. Faithwriters.com is such a wonderful platform where you can fully rely upon. Taste it.
Name of the Author of this article: Dr. Surya Kumar Daimari, (MA,M.Ed, PGDTE,D.Min.)
The author is a freelance writer.
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.