FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 589
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
by stephanie reck
1/13/2014 / Christian Living
Fear can be defined as an imagined or real threat that we have. Wikipedia defines fear as an emotion induced by a perceived threat which causes us to quickly pull away from it. It is a basic survival mechanism in response to a specific stimulus which is perceived as a risk of significant loss. Fear almost always relates to future events, such as worsening of a situation, or continuation of a situation that is unacceptable.
To overcome fear we have to face the truth behind why we are fearful, we have to expose the truth in each situation we are fearful of.
1. A lot of the times we predict worse-case scenarios over the things we fear. Some fear comes from deep within us, from past experiences and hurts. If we have been through a trauma or crisis of any sort, we can relive that moment all over again by just thinking about the memory. Our brains cannot distinguish if the event just happened or happened years earlier.
2. Sometimes we imagine fearful things that could happen, but have not actually happened yet. This is fear of the unknown and fear of the future. We might be fearful of going back but also fearful of moving forward. Fear, paralyzes you, and gets you stuck; can't move forward and can't go back.
3. You may have had a lot of bad things happen to you, and you live tense and fearful they could possible happen again. This is being fearful of unpredictability. You may have lived in a state of chaos and unpredictability before, and this has you on edge waiting in fear, geared-up, for the next unpredictable thing to happen.
You may be familiar with the acronym for FEAR:
Is it possible to overcome fear? Yes! Face what you're fearful of and ask Jesus to forgive you of the fears you have and not fully trusting in Him. Don't live another day bound and tormented in fear. Fear is not originated by God, but satan.
Some Tips to Overcome Fear:
1. Many times people are worried and anxious about events that will never actually happen to them. Relax. Focus on today only and take it one day at a time.
2. Stop "predicting" what will happen in your life and the lives of those you know.
3. Pray and ask God to deliver you from your fears. Prayer is a powerful weapon!
4. Take your fearful thoughts captive immediately! Don't dwell on them or ponder them. Replace those fear thoughts with a scripture like this one, I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13.
Prayer for overcoming fear:
Dear Heavenly Father,
We come asking you to forgive us of our fears and not trusting you with our lives and the lives of those we love. Help us to not live one more day in fear. We ask that you release us from the grip of fear that satan has on us, in the name of Jesus.
"Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be AFRAID." John 14:27, NLT
1. Are you living in fear? Do you know why you fear the things you do?
2. Have you asked the Lord, Jesus to deliver you from your fears?
3. What steps do you need to take to trust God and surrender all your fears?
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by stephanie reck
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.