FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 681
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
Are you Being Led by the Holy Spirit
by stephanie reck
3/06/2017 / Christian Living
Without being led by the Holy Spirit, we can do things we are not supposed to. The enemy loves when we stay distracted and busy doing and going. I believe busyness is straight from the enemy. If you are a people-pleaser or need people approval it is very likely you will please man rather than being led by what the Holy Spirit wants. Most likely some of the Christians you go to church with are operating from a fleshy desire to please self and man rather than a desire to please the Holy Spirit. It feels better to our flesh to go along with what everyone else is doing.
Just because something seems right to do, does not mean that it is! We can wear ourselves out by agreeing to do everything that comes into our path. There are certain things we are not to be involved with even if it seems good and right. The Holy Spirit knows what is best for us, and what we can handle.
Reflect and ponder: Do you make decisions or agree to do something because everyone else is going along but you already have a full plate or don’t have peace? Or do you just do what your flesh wants, not stopping to ask the Holy Spirit if He wants you to be involved?
Counselor’s Corner: The flesh is always deceiving-it wants what it wants! Moving in the flow of the Holy Spirit makes you come alive and energizes you, operating in the flesh usually drains you of energy and spiritual strength.
How do you know you the Holy Spirit is leading you?
- Don’t make rash or impulsive decisions. Learn to say, “I need to pray about that.”
- Wait on the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you before forging ahead with your agenda. Yes, there are times we have to make quick decisions, but if you have developed an intimate relationship with God and are acquainted with His ways through reading the Word and prayer, even when you have to make a quick decision it will be more likely you will make one that is Holy Spirit led. Training yourself to be still before God to hear His voice will equip you better when you need to make a quick decision, you will already know how the Holy Spirit speaks.
- The Holy Spirit never, ever works in confusion. There is an unexplainable peace when the Holy Spirit is prompting you. If you are not being led by the Spirit, you will experience confusion, chaos, lack of direction, and stress.
- When the Holy Spirit leads-He leads! You don’t have to figure out what or how to do something because the Holy Spirit places the answer deep into your spirit. The Holy Spirit does not always give concrete answers, sometimes we just know the “direction” we should take. Sometimes God just wants us to set out in faith before He gives us more detail, but even then, there is peace. You can do something afraid and still have peace!
- There is an inner-knowing deep in your spirit, you just know you are supposed to do something.
- The Holy Spirit never, ever operates in guilt! If you hear,” You should be, you ought to be or you need to be doing something,” these are laced in guilt from the enemy.
- Usually when the Holy Spirit is directing you to do something you will have confirmation with other believes-particularly your spouse if you’re married.
MEDITATE ON THESE SCRIPTURES:
But if you are led by the Holy Spirit, you are not under the law.
For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by stephanie reck
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.