FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 821
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
THE LAW OF TITHES AND OFFERINGS
by Olawale Ogunsola
10/18/2017 / Christian Living
BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE TO THE LAW
“If you are willing and obedient’
You shall eat the good of the land
But if you refuse and rebel,
You shall be devoured by the sword.” Isaiah 1:19-20.
Every commandment of the Lord is a great benefit to whoever obeys it. The Owner of heaven and earth always attach promises to His laws. So it is with the law of Tithes and offerings.
Using Malachi 3:10-12 as our guide, let us examine some of the benefits.
- It is an opportunity to try the Lord on His promises. The Lord never fails. He does not renege on His promises. He is not a covenant breaker. To try Him, begin to pay your tithes and offerings. Malachi 3:10c.
- It will give you the unique right to see the windows of heaven opened for you. Divine windows of uncommon opportunities will be opened. You will then be able to see clearly what ordinary eyes cannot see. You will then be able to exploit such divine opportunities for the glory of God. Malachi 3:10e.
- Divine windows will not only be opened, Divine wisdom to exploit them to attract divine blessings will be attached. If you wish, you may call the windows of heaven as streams of income.
Note that each stream of income can become a river of blessing on its own. A combination of rivers of blessing may lead to flooding if a channel (tunnel) is not created through which it can flow for the glory of God. Malachi 3:10f.
The success story of Isaac says it this way,
“The man (Isaac) began to prosper, and continued prospering
Until he became very prosperous.”
For he had possessions of flocks and possessions of herds
And a great number of servants (staff?). So the
Philistines envied him.” Genesis 26:13-14
So let your tithes and offerings open an enviable position for you!
- Devourers or destroyers will be rebuked on your behalf. Devourers are destroyers. Anything that can destroy possessions will not be able to operate within your territory. Fraudsters will stay away from you. Sickness will not be your portion. You will not suffer any loss. Your territory will be free from any evil. What is better? Verse 11.
- From the above, you will not only be blessed but will be called “Blessed” Malachi 3:12 because you radiate the glory of the Lord. The King of Gerar, King Abimelech, saw that Isaac was mightier than the people of the land, he said, “You are now the blessed of the Lord” Gen 26:29.
- There will be no cases of premature birth of man or animal. Your seeds will be preserved. They will not be cast away. They will not wither away. This is a further assurance that you will not incur any loss owing to natural disaster. Malachi 3:11.
- Preservation of your fruits and yield of your land. There will be no invasion of your land fruits and yields. Haggai 1:6-7.
- In some countries, tithes and offerings payers enjoy tax rebate because their tax payable will reduce by the amount of paid as tithes an offerings
- To crown it all, you will have something in your record in Heaven. This is a truth many antagonist of payment of tithes and offerings do not know. In Malachi 3, the nation of God’s people were accused of robbing God by their failure to pay tithes and offerings. The allegation is not only for earthly denials alone. It has effect on your journey to paradise.
Revelations have shown that those who fail to pay are treated as criminals (on the way) after this life. Do you want to be so treated?
In the book of Acts 10:4, an angel of God informed Cornelius, a centurion that “Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorable before God.”
Do you think that his Tithes and Offerings are exempted? No! Please, do those good deeds that will be in record before God for your rewards on earth and in heaven.
Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.
Every Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.
The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Olawale Ogunsola
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.