FOR WRITERS

FOR READERS

FOR PUBLISHERS




FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES

Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!

LIKE US
Translate this Page Here

FOR WRITERS

FOR READERS

FOR PUBLISHERS




Word Count: 511

Send Article To Friend Print/Use Article

Contact Adeyemi Raphael


THE PARETO PRINCIPLE

by Adeyemi Raphael  
12/17/2018 / Self Help


 

Some people refer to it as the 80/20 rule; others call it the law of the vital few, while the principle of factor sparsity is the term given to it by others. However, it is generally referred to as the pareto principle.

How did this principle come to be? Vilfredo Federico Damaso Pareto was the name of an Italian man, born in 1848 and was widely known as a philosopher cum economist. One day, he observed that only 20% of the pea plant in his garden generated 80% of the healthy pea pods and this kick-started a thought process in him. He continued his thought and realized that 80% of the land in Italy was owned by just 20% of the population and that 80% of production typically came from just 20% of the companies. Thus, he concluded that most things in life are not distributed evenly and  these generalizations were given:

  • 80% of results will come from just 20% of the actions
  • 80% of all consequences come from only 20% of causes.
  • 80% of your results come from only 20% of your effort and time.
  • 80% of your company’s profits come from only 20% of the products and customers.

In simple terms, Eighty percent of what we do is NOT necessary as only Twenty percent of our efforts yield 80% of the results. Hence, it is important that we devote our efforts, so as to increase our productivity and performance.

I could also deduce from the principle that most of the time, only 20 % of people seems to drive most organisations and the remaining 80% are technically redundant. The question is, are you a part of the ‘useful’ 20% or you’re part of the 80 % who are doing next to nothing and are neither making a difference nor making an impact?

Friends, a Pareto approach helps you understand which goals and projects are most important for you, your endeavours and organisation. It helps you determine the specific tasks needed to focus on, towards  making a success out of your endeavours and  life. It also helps you delegate or delete activities where and when necessary.

I believe if we would use this approach always, we can eliminate the stressors and reduce the stress that weighs us down and increases inefficiency.  

So, what 20% of your work drives 80% of your outcomes? If you can identify the 20% that creates the rewards, you can spend more time doing those things to create greater rewards. You can also cut back, a lot, on the 80% of the time you waste creating only 20% of the rewards.

Friends, be reminded that your success in life is assured if you obey simple principles. I am ADEYEMI, Raphael Oluwamayowa, I write, I Research, I Proofread and I urge you to do all you should, so we meet at the topmost top. © #SYNERGY# 2018.

+2348098480376 (Whatsapp); Twitter @ AdeyemiRaphael17; IG raphael_adeyemi; [email protected]

 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com-CHRISTIAN WRITERS

If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW

Read more articles by Adeyemi Raphael

Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.

User Comments

Enter comments below. Due to spam, all hyperlinks posted in the comments are now immediately disabled by our system.

Please type the following word below:


Not readable? Change text.



The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.

Hire a Christian Writer, Christian Writer Wanted, Christian Writer Needed, Christian Content Needed, Find a Christian Editor, Hire a Christian Editor, Christian Editor, Find a Christian Writer


Main FaithWriters Site | Acceptable Use Policy

By using this site you agree to our Acceptable Use Policy .

© FaithWriters.com. All rights reserved.


FaithWriters.com Free Reprint Articles - Your place for Christian articles, Christian poems, Christian stories and much more.