FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 1013
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
12 Easy Ways to be Healthier
by Tonja Taylor
12/28/2019 / Health
I am far from an expert, but these things have helped my family and I to be much more healthy, and we are thankful the LORD has taught us about this, so we can enjoy the abundant life He gives us even more!
You will help yourself be healthier by:
1. Drinking better water by buying a filter or purified water. We use a well know filter, and it makes city water much more healthy and better tasting. The cost of the unit and the filters is worth it, because our bodies are made mostly of water and we know we are healthier by filtering out the chemicals that are used to treat the water that comes through the tap.
2. Eating smaller meals more often. Instead of three big meals a day, eating smaller portions every 3 hours or so has worked well for us. It has increased our metabolism and also keeps us more alert.
3. Eating the lightest meals at night. We often eat yogurt, or cereal (organic, non-GMO, with no sugar or very little sugar), or fruit or protein and energy shakes for the evening meal.
4. Eating much less fried foods. When we do fry something, which is rare now, we use organic non-GMO coconut oil, olive oil, or sunflower oil.
5. Avoiding genetically modified foods such as corn, soybeans, sugar, and more. We buy organic foods very often, including meat, and have even traveled to other cities to buy organic, knowing that it is worth avoiding the drugs that often go into meat and milk and more. Foods such as fruits, vegetables, and nuts, as well as organic meats and more may seem to be expensive, but when you consider the money, time, and energy saved by the prevention of sickness and disease, there is truly no reason not to invest in your best health by eating well.
6. Eating much less white sugar. When I started noticing my body reacting to white sugar years ago, I began to use organic brown sugar. Then I discovered even healthier sweeteners, like honey and stevia. We avoid unnatural sweeteners such as chemical substitutes.
7. Taking good vitamins and supplements daily. Vitamins and supplements that truly break down well (instead of having a hard shell, which often can cause them to just pass through the digestion system with no benefit to your body, and are thus a waste of money). Vitamins and minerals are needed daily in supplements, because we almost never get enough of them in the food we eat. Quality supplements may seem like quite an investment, but worth it, especially when you consider that, if you buy cheap vitamins and they don't break down properly but just pass through your body, you are wasting your money and receiving no benefit! Plus, you would much rather be visiting a drug store to get a fun toy or magazine, instead of going to the prescription counter. And wouldn't you rather just drive by the doctor's office, instead of having to go in and suffer lost time, needles, and much lost money?
8 Drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar plus a tablespoon of honey mixed in 8 ounces or so of water daily, plus a tablespoon of organic non-GMO coconut oil daily. The reason for these is to keep the body in an alkaline state, which does not encourage disease, although these two items provide even more benefits. An acidic body (which can come quickly from eating lots of sugar, especially if you don't eat protein with it to help absorb it) is an unhealthy body, where disease can live much more easily.
9 Using real butter, preferably organic to avoid the drugs, instead of margarine. Who cares about a few calories? If you saw how margarine is made, you would not want to put that stuff in your body.
10 Using organic cheese, milk, eggs, and even ice cream. These do not cost much more than the kind with all the drugs in them, and they taste as good or better. It has been proven that people can contract diseases from eating lots of dairy products that are made with drugs and not from grass-fed cows.
11 Washing the fruits and veggies, and preferably, soaking them in vinegar water or another natural substance (sprays are available at the health good store) to remove any chemicals/poison/pesticide that may have remained.
12 Using wheat bread, flour, rice, and pasta instead of white. White bread and white flour usually contain bleach and other substances not good for your body. Would you drink even an ounce of bleach dailyl? (NO!) The wheat products available now are excellent, and knowing that you are not putting bleach in your body that comes in white bread, rice, and pasta, should encourage you to choose wheat!
My husband and I have made these and more small changes over time, and they have stuck, especially as we have noticed that we feel better, think better, and have more energy. We are thankful for the wisdom the LORD has given us to eat better and thus be better stewards of His bodies. Also, as our pastor once stated, If you have a car that has to last you 100 years, you're doing to take care of it, right?
The LORD is so good, and He always leads us in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Ask Him to help you make changes for better health, and He will. He's a faithful, loving Father Who desires you to have a full, long, satisfying life.
Tonja K. Taylor is the author of many works, including THE ADVENTURES OF PRINCESS PEARL, P.O.W.E.R.* Girl! series. She and her husband Clayton minister the Word through teaching, preaching, and the arts, on River Rain Creative Arts (You Tube, God Tube), AnchorFM, their church, the region, and beyond
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Tonja Taylor
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.