FREE CHRISTIAN REPRINT ARTICLES
Christian Articles for All of your Publishing Needs!
Word Count: 545
|Send Article To Friend||Print/Use Article|
GRANNY'S ADVICE TO THE GRADUATE
by Lupie Riley
5/11/2020 / Christian Living
Freelance writer Lupie Riley
Thought: Since many of us have graduates coming up I thought I’d repeat this article I wrote back in 2009 with some revisions. Free to share.
Yes, my precious one, you are about to begin that new chapter in your life and venture out into strange and unfamiliar places. Allow me to share some advice with you, hopefully it can be used as a foundation for all those future decisions yet to be made. There are still ABSOLUTES in the world today, in spite of the current politically correct and relativism ideology in our academic institutions.
- You can be absolutely sure of God’s SOVEREINTY: When we see the vastness of the heavens, the variety in all living things, the intricate details of our bodies, we must believe that there has to be a mastermind behind it all. Colossians 1:15,16
- You can be absolutely sure of God’s PRESENCE: Our Creator God has made you with a special place in your heart reserved only for Himself (Jesus). The worship of material things, knowledge, sports and people will never be able to fill that void. Romans 8:9
- You can be absolutely sure of God’s RIGHTEOUSNESS: His name is holy. We respect the names of Mohammed, Buddha, the Pope and Abraham Lincoln. His name is greater then these and deserves to be used with dignity, befitting of the great “I AM”, Father of all Creation. Revelation 1:8
- You can be absolutely sure of God’s INTSTRUCTION: One day each week should be set aside to honor and reflect upon the awesomeness of His character. Our Father God wants you to know him better on a one to one basis without all the distractions in daily living. You can know Him better through the reading of His words of wisdom and counsel, through the appreciation of His care and intercession and through prayer and praise. II Timothy 3:16
- You can be absolutely sure of God’s DISCIPLIINE: His greatest commandment is to love Him with all your heart, soul and might and to love your neighbor as yourself. This is the key to eliminating violence and crime from the face of the earth. When you love someone, your wishes are not to bring him harm. By respecting your home and planet you will not bring pollution and destruction upon it. When we do wrong and break the rules, we pay the price. This is called discipline. A concept that is not popular in today’s society that considers it to be outdated and no longer effective in raising a family. Our Father God will discipline His children, those that belong to Him. The new self-esteem thinking has taken over and discipline is out. Hebrews 12:7-11
You can be absolutely sure of God’s LOVE: As you get to know Him better your love for Him will reflect back upon those around you, like a ripple in the water, to your friends, your relatives and your parents. Why does he care so much about every detail in your life---because He loves you. As you sense and feel His love, you will want to pass it on. I John 4
Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and two great. I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years. Working on a book at the present. My priorities are God first, husband, family, country.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
Read more articles by Lupie Riley
Like reading Christian Articles? Check out some more options. Read articles in Main Site Articles, Most Read Articles or our highly acclaimed Challenge Articles. Read Great New Release Christian Books for FREE in our Free Reads for Reviews Program. Or enter a keyword for a topic in the search box to search our articles.
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.