The secret to managing everyday stress is slowing down. We should also take a break, when we start to feel things are stressing us out. We may need to learn some relaxation techniques. Having a fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and praying in tongues, will relax and refresh us. We can also write affirmations about being calm, and read it frequently, to trigger a calm environment.
We must also pray for the stress to be lifted supernaturally by God. This will lead to peace that surpasses all understanding. God does not want us stressed out: Philippians 4:6-7 - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Even if stress is serious and needs medication, these guidelines should be used in addition to any medical treatment prescribed.
Ways Of dealing With Distress:
1. We must avoid unnecessary stressful situations.
2. We must do one thing at a time.
3. We must read Christian books. Reading books can relax us.
4. Relaxation helps to reserve our energy: 1 Thessalonians 4:11a - "that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business,
4. Using breathing exercises to slow down increased heart rate, caused by stress.
5. We must learn to be assertive: Matthew 5:37a - "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No."
6. We must avoid unnecessary conflicts, and manage inner conflict.
7. We must see the funny side of life, and not take petty things too seriously.
8. Eating balanced diets, and avoiding alcohol, nicotine and caffeine.
9. Fitness and relaxation exercises.
10. We must keep smiling and laughing, to trigger a joyful state of mind, even when nothing exciting has happened. The brain does not know that nothing exciting has happened. When we laugh, the brain sends happy signal to our mind.
11. We must only think positive and Godly thoughts: Proverbs 4:23 - "Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life."
11. We should learn organizing and prioritizing skills.
14. Rejoicing: Psalm 100:2 - "Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing."
15. Walking and dancing.
16. Christian short breaks, retreats, seminar, events, revival and conferences.
Please leave a short comment by clicking the post a comment link, at the top right of this article. Your feedback means the world to me. You can also email at Jumie@onetel.com
I am putting together an online community that will empower people. I will like you to become part of it, and become empowered and learn to control your feelings, instead of them controlling you.
Copyright Henrietta Elegunde. Please feel free to distribute free of charge, but always include my details (from the resource box) below
Henrietta Elegunde is an Author, Life Coach, ordained minister and Motivational Speaker. She specializes in teaching how to cultivate spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth, in order to achieve total wellbeing (being made whole) in your life. She is the author of the book "Hallowed Be Thy Name". For more information on how to book her for your next event, how her book can transform your life, or how to obtain free reading of part of the book; contact her by sending an email
Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! TRUST JESUS NOW
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.