Fear leads to lost opportunities. It can rob us of our confidence, if we allow it to control us. Fear can be overwhelming. It is a form of battle of the mind, and spiritual warfare. Satan always tries to control people with some sort of fear. For example: fear of failure, fear of success (can I keep this up?), Fear of loneliness, fear of rejection, fear of criticism, and the list goes on.
12 Negative Effects Of Fear:
1. Fear can hinder our effectiveness, by making us quit too soon.
2. Fear can immobilize us from being in control of our lives.
3. Fear can stop us from trying new things.
4. Fear can stop us from changing our bad habits. We need
to change this, in order to grow.
5. Fear can kill our dream, motivation and enthusiasm.
6. Fear can lead to self destructive behaviour.
7. Fear enslaves mentally, and can lead to depression.
8. Fear can lead to doubting God, which is a sin.
9. Fear can lead to self isolation, and poor relationships people.
10. Fear is a doorway that allows Satan to torment us.
11. Fear can lead to physical and health problems.
12. Fear can lead to self doubt.
7 Causes Of Fear:
1. Painful and traumatic past experiences
2. Timidity: Humility is a virtue; timidity is not, being timid make people walk over us for no reason.
3. Negative thinking: This can lead to negative imagination and assumptions.
4. Change in circumstances can lead to fear of the unknown.
5. Lack of strong faith.
6. Lack of confidence or low self-esteem.
7. Irrational worrying: Psalm 37:8b "Do not fretit only causes harm."
10 Ways To Deal With Fear:
1. By challenging irrational beliefs, and replacing them with positive beliefs. For example: Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. "
2. By stopping and challenging fearful thoughts. For example; "How do I know that it will happen.
3. By Praying and fasting: Philippians 4:6 - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;"
4. Relaxation techniques reduce anxiety.
5. Removing self-limiting belief, by only seeing ourselves the
way God sees us in his scriptures.
6. Faith is an antidote for fear. Meditating faith filled words would remove fear: 2 Timothy 1:7 - "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
7. Fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit will lift up our spirit, and help us develop boldness. This will take some time and effort, but it will be well worth it: 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (NIV)
8. Jesus has overcome the world for us; we have nothing to fear about. We must keep reminding ourselves this: John 16:33 - "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
9. By feeling the fear, and doing it anyway: 2 Corinthians 5:7 - "For we walk by faith, not by sight."
10. Declaring Positive confessions daily, for example: And my God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (paraphrase from Philippians 4:19).
Copyright Henrietta Elegunde. Please feel free to distribute free of charge, but always include my details (from the resource box) below.
Henrietta Elegunde is an Author, Life Coach, ordained minister and Motivational Speaker. She specializes in teaching how to cultivate spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth, in order to achieve total wellbeing (being made whole) in your life. She is the author of the book "Hallowed Be Thy Name". For more information on how to book her for your next event, how her book can transform your life, or how to obtain free reading of part of the book; contact her by sending an email